
Today, they retarred our road. I gave Connor strict instructions not to step in it. But by the time Brennan came home from school it was dry or so I thought. It was a beautiful day and the boys begged to go play outside with their friends. Of course I gave in. 10 minutes into our play Brennan came tearing down the road racing his friend. As he will tell you, he had it in 6th gear(which I guess is the fast speed). He would have won if there hadn't been a two year old little girl standing in the middle of the street! Brennan was headed right for her. I watched as Brennan swirved to miss her and over corrected twice. I thought he just might save himself, but in the end he lost control and skidded face first into that fresh tar. We spent an hour and a half with alcohol swabs trying to get the tar off him. His helmet saved him, if you can believe it. It has a nice dent in the front of it! He has decided he is not going that fast again!
3 comments:
I am glad Brennan is ok. Thank goodness for helmets and pads. I hope he isn't scared to ride again,
Wow, that looks like a painful experience. (I wonder if he'll remember what having tar on his skin feels like when he learns about Joseph Smith being tarred and feathered). Poor kid! I'm glad he's okay too.
That picture brought back so many memories of my boys and their younger days! I am still wondering what the purpose of spraying our streets with a layer of tar was for. It sprayed all over our curbs and looks terrible. I hope that stuff finally came off--poor guy.
Post a Comment