
Ryleigh turned two on July 19th but we made her wait to celebrate because Daddy wanted to be there. I am so glad he was able to see it. She has him wrapped around her little finger as I have said before. He bought her flowers and a huge butterfly balloon! Against my better judgment, I attempted to make a butterfly cake. Of course Roberts was sold out of the butterfly cake pans so I had to make it from a picture. For those of you who this is easy for, more power to you. I was just happy to have the cake finished before the party started! Kyle's sister and her family came to help us celebrate. Her girls are older and Ryleigh loved the lime light they provided for her. The girls dressed her up, opened all her new toys for her, played babies and in her little kitchen. It was fabulous. She loves to be around girls!
Jenna was Ryleigh's pesonal assistant. Thanks Jenna!
There is so much to say about this beautiful little girl.
Ryleigh loves to give kisses and is very affectionate. She often times had her arm aound her daddy's neck.
Ryleigh is quite a talker. I had always been told little girls talk earlier and it is true for us. She is making full sentences and will make herself known. She still messes up some of the words. For some reason her blanket is "ahblah" That's the best I can do with her pernunciation. When all else fails, if she can't get her point across she will act it out or tell you "show" and drag you to where she wants you. She is amazing.
I was baffled the other day when she brought me the Dora memory game. I thought no way was she going to understand. But we played it tiles up and just had her make matches and she was a pro!
Ryleigh loves to watch other little girls! At the parade the other day, she found three little girls and just joined their group. She was even adding her candy to their pot. That's what they were doing.
Ryleigh brings out the soft side in my boys. Connor often plays dressup with her and makes dinner in the play kitchen. Brennan has been found reading her books and playing with her secretly.
Ryleigh loves clothes, especially shoes! We have entered the ahanging your clothes five times a day stage. While I love it and know I will have a shopping buddy, I am not sure about the laundry it seems to create.
Ryleigh has a touching love for Jesus. She loves to say prayer. She is often offended if it is not her turn, so we have started her personal prayers. I have never had a little one pray this early and it touches my heart.
Ryleigh thanks for sharing your love with us. We are so blessed to have you in our family!
2 comments:
Great posts!!! I was looking forward to seeing pictures of your time that Kyle was here. It looks like you guys had the time of your lives, just what you all needed. You are such a strong person, I am completely impressed by how well you have handled this tough time.
She is adorable! And your cake turned out fabulous!! You are very blessed to have that sweet little thing in your family. What a treasure she is. I will email soon so we can catch up.! miss ya
Jen
Post a Comment