A friend of mine uses her blog to journal all her thoughts. I love reading about the special things her kids did or said each day. So, I thought I would try it!
Yesterday, Connor came home telling me about "Arthur Luther King and how he had a dream to change the world." They had watched a movie about Martin Luther King in reference to his upcoming birthday. I love how excited and enthralled Connor was. I tried to at first to help him say the name correctly and then quickly realized that the little mix up was my favorite part! The discussion about Martin Luther King lead to many others who stood up for the things they believed in. Brennan remembered the story of Rosa Parks. I interjected Joseph Smith and then Ryleigh surprised me and said Jesus. "Jesus stood up to the bad men that killed him" she said. I loved the teaching moment that all of my kids gave to me. Thanks for being so wonderful Brennan, Connor and Ryleigh!
Lately, Ryleigh has been especially tight with her Daddy! Yesterday it was all about Daddy! When Daddy came in from work, she was busy coloring at the kitchen table. She saw Daddy come in and said, "Where's my kiss?" Daddy quickly obeyed. At dinner time she wanted to sit by Daddy, so I moved over for her. But I had to draw the line at bedtime when she told me she was sleeping with Daddy. What a Daddy's girl! She is excited about the new baby sister coming but I wonder if she will have a hard time sharing her Daddy with another little girl?
Brennan is growing up. He has been working on his next Pinewood Derby design. He loves to make and tinker with things. I see a lot of Kyle in him. The two of them spend time building model airplanes and researching car designs, and lots of Star Wars and Star Trek. Is my little boy growing up or my big boy (Kyle) regressing? I don't care I love their connection. Brennan is also memorizing his multiplication facts, much to his dismay. I remember that time in my life. I shared the story with him when I too saw not enjoying this task. I went on a job with my Dad and he taught me, 8x8 fell on the floor picked it up and it was 64. A memory I will never forget. I'm not positive but I think Grandmother taught that to Dad. Brennan liked it too. He keeps asking for more tips!
No comments:
Post a Comment