Monday, February 21, 2011

Growing up stories

A few nights ago, after putting the kids to bed, I heard someone crying.  I found Ryleigh sobbing!  She was holding Brennan's baby book.  Her exact words were, "Brennan will never be a baby again!  I just love this picture, Mom.  Which one is your favorite?"  I think she may have some early hormones!

Last night, when Ryleigh was told to clean her room, she asked who was going to help her.  I was doing the dishes.  So she said, I will ask dad.  This is how she asked, "Daddy, will you help me clean my room?  My tummy hurts and it is very hard for me to bend over."  I think she has heard me say that a few times in the last month or so.  In fact, last time she wanted me to help her clean her room I used this one.  Her comment to me was, " you can just kick it ( the toys) with your foot."

Paper toilet  is her word for toilet paper.


Connor is learning to read!  He is so proud of himself.  He has almost memorized his 100 Fry words.  He just moved up another belt in Taekwondo and finished his first season in basketball.  Connor is a cuddle bug!  My favorite is when I comes to snuggle and says, "I need some Mommy time!"  What a sweetie!  But don't let him hear you say that. He doesn't understand words of endearment.


Brennan stays busy with school, DSI, soccer and basketball and his friend down the street.  He is master at memorizing all the really annoying  commercials on TV and loves to be silly.  I can really see him struggling between being a mature grown up and a silly kid!  He is just looking for his balance right now.  His basketball season went well!  They were tournament champs!  Right now, multiplication is Brennan's nemesis!  He has not enjoyed learning all those multiplication facts but has done so well.  They just introduced division and while it is not his favorite either, he picked it right up.  Third grade is said to be a hard year and so far Brennan has maintained his straight A's.   Hopefully he can beat his very strong spelling nemesis!

No comments: