Sunday, February 10, 2013

Connor's Baptism

The Baptism of Hope Ryan and Connor Duncan
Connor was baptized on December 23, 2012.  We tried to talk him into waiting until after Christmas, but he said "I have been waiting so long already! I don't think I can wait any longer."

I was Connor's CTR 7 teacher and so we had been to all the baptisims that year.  Hope and Connor were the last two.  What a privledge it was to watch their testimonies grow and see them enter the waters of baptism.

Brennan gave the talk on baptism.  He did a very good job.  He is such a good example to his brother. Becuse we had so many people attend the baptism, we moved it into the chapel.  It was so special to see Brennan stand and give a talk at the podium.  What a young man he is becoming,

My favorite moment of the day was watching Connor be baptized.  He stepped into the water so proud.  The water was qute high and he said he had to stand on his tippy toes.  After he emerged from the water Connor said, "Yeah!"  It was said in a reverent but satisfied sound.  It was so Connor!  It showed his excitement for the promises he was making and the gratitude he had for the blessings he would then receive.
Connor has always had such a sweet, tender spirit.  He is always the first to remind us to pray at dinner, to have family home evening, or to read our scriptures. I'm afraid our family might be in trouble without his constant reminders to keep us on the straight and narrow path.

It was such a blessing to have Kyle baptize and bless Connor.  I think sometimes I take for grated the blessings of the Priesthood that he blesses our home with.  I am grateful for his righteous service to our Father in Heaven and our Family.
 
Congratulations Connor! We love you!






No comments: