Monday, August 25, 2008

Change

For months now Kyle and I have been saying we need a change. Remember, before moving here we had moved every year! So it seems like we have been in Arizorna forever! (really just two and a half years) Anyway, remember the old addage, "be careful what you wish for"?

Well, over the last three weeks life has been turned upside down! In a only a few more weeks Kyle will be deploying! Yes, we couldn't escape the dreaded Army seperation tactics any longer.
I will be moving to Utah to be near family. Isn't it great to have family! The past weeks have been spent worrying over housing, wills, cars, and kids emotional stability. Without the calming peace I have been given by my Heavenly Father I'm sure I would be a wreck. What a blessing the gospel is to me!

So now I regret my ungrateful attitude for all I have been blessed with here in Arizona. What a growing experience I have had. I have enjoyed living near members (6 families on my street) and learning the art of entertaining and fellowship that I would like to master. I have learned more about myself then I ever thought possible. Unfortunately I think I am up for some more learning this next year!

Change, a little unsettling and yet without it we would miss out on the growth.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

Good luck with everything! Jared goes in November...I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for it, and somehow it doesn't help knowing millions of wives before me have done it (because I can't feel all sorry for myself =). I'm glad you guys get to go home and be near family, that will be so helpful. I'll keep watching your blog!

Marrian said...

I feel for you! But I am so excited to see you in Utah!
Thanks for inspiring me to make the change that I'm about to make.
You really are a great example! Thank you for being you and for being so strong!
(Have you been released yet?)

Teah said...

Good luck to your family. You guys will really be missed. I'm especially going to miss Brennan. He has been great getting to know in primary. And thank you for all your help when I was new in the ward.

Anne Osman said...

I am sorry your husband is deploying. Been there and it is so hard. I will think of a few things that helped my kids through the deployment. If you would like, you could take pictures of your kids with their dad and I will make them "Daddy Pillow" cases. I moved by family, too when Mike last deployed and it sure helped.

Linda said...

That is such a huge change for you guys! Wow, our prayers will be with your family. I am so glad you have family to be near because I don't think there's too many things more difficult to deal with than a deployment. I can't even imagine. Thanks for being such a great RS president while we were there--you have such a kind heart--it was great getting to know you!

Tamra said...

What great friends I have! Thanks guys for all the encouragement!

Jeanne and CJ said...

I am sorry to hear about your family separation. That really stinks. At least you can go and be near family. I wish we were there to help out.

Jennifer said...

I can relate to your feelings of wanting change and then feeling a bit overwhelmed when change comes. It is always sad to say goodbye to a home that has meant so much. My kids still talk about living in AZ and they miss living a few houses from you and all our other great neighbors. It is wonderful that you will be with family while Kyle is gone. How long is his deployment? It is too bad that you and Briana will just miss eachother while moving. She is bummed out. Good luck with the move. Is Kyle going to help you get out there before he deploys?

Unknown said...

We miss you already! We have a great RS president Sister Fenn, but we miss you! You have been such a strong example for me, thank you!