Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back to School


What a short summer!  Two months was just not long enough.  Sadly, it is back kto the grind stone with homework, early bed times and much more structure.  Maybe the structure is a good thing.


Brennan's fourth grade year is shaping up well.  At least I was impressed by his teacher.  The fourth grade teachers had decorated their doorways with the Hollywood Movie motif.  Brennan even had a red carpet.  And on the first day of school the teachers were decked out in pink boas and sun glasses.  It was cute!  Brennan was not impressed with homework on the first day though!  A project all about him with a mini autobiography and picture.  It created much stress!
Brennan's priesthood blessing the night before blessed him with an open mind to learn, a desire to learn, and to find good friends.
 Brennan's teacher is the one on the left, Mrs. Murry!




Connor's first grade teacher is Mrs. Prater.  She seems nice and well organized.  Connor seemed unimpressed at the open house but that is mostly just his personality.  When I dropped him off that morning I went to give him a high five and tell him to have a good day and his comment was, "embarrassing!"  Does he have to be embarrassed of me already? The first day of school for him seemed a little stressful.  he declared "It was not a good day!"  He said he got lost but I still can't make out what happened with the tid-bits of information I got.  I don't think he was truly lost but he did mention it was hard to decipher which classroom was his.  He said, " I have to peek into each one."  Connor also had homework on the first day of school!  The injustice!
Connor's blessing spoke mostly of him being a leader. With him being the younger brother, I don't often think of him as a leader but he really is.  Last year he always had friends asking to come to his house to play.  He often said that two boys would fight about who got to sit by him.  He is just so likeable!
 We love you boys!  At lunch time Ryleigh asked when the boys would be home.  I said I know I miss them.  It sure is quite without them.  She said " yes it is!  I like it!  but I still want them to come home"


No comments: