Every since Ryleigh was two she has been asking to go to school. She hated it when Connor went to preschool! She tolerated Connor going to Kindergarten, but only because she would go with me when I volunteered in his classroom and hosted all the class parties. She loved Connor's kindergaten teacher and continued to pine away for the day she could go to school.
Now, both the boys went to preschool at age three. They went two days a week. When they turned four they went three days a week. When Ryleigh turned three I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't put her in. For some reason it was just different with my little girl. I told her she could go to school at 4 years old. I hoped that her fascination to grow up so quickly would change. She is just too independent for that! She insisted on school. My major hesitation was this, all the preschools for four year old in Alabama are five days a week! I didn't want her to go at all let alone FIVE DAYS A WEEK!
I did give in though. I must admit the night before I tried to talk her out of it.She informed me she" needed to grow up" and "learn her letters". When I told her I could teach her she thought about it. She then said, "I will stay home if you need me mom." My heart broke! I was stifling her already. So Ryleigh, go spread your wings! I will treasure every minute I get with you!
4yrs 2 mths.
As we got ready that morning she did have a little hesitation. She said her tummy hurt. I said you are probably just nervous. She said, "I think my tummy is nervous!"
Once there all hesitations were forgotten!Ryleigh loves puzzles.
This is one of her teachers, Mrs. Roberta

1 comment:
No Way!!! She's not 4 already??? WOW! Zack was the same way and he's going 5 days/wk too. I wanted him to stay home with me. But he didn't want any part of that :D.
She is cute!!
Post a Comment