Sunday, October 23, 2011

Family Weekend Get-A-Way

Sometimes it seems life takes over our lives!  We have been feeling overwhelmed as a family.  Whith soccer, work, church and all the other obligations that seem to occupy our time we needed a break!  What better than a camping trip!  With a baby my request was to camp in comfort.  That is where the R- Pod trailer came in. We rented it from the military MWR.  Normally I would say gross, but this one was brand new!


Our first stop was Conecuh National Forest.  We had camped there last year in October and it was beautiful.  This time it was just as beautiful.  The boys loved fishing the pond and I loved the bike trail that went around the pond.  We did some hiking, had some smores and played uno in the great outdoors.  What could be better!



Hot chocolate!

Daddy being silly!
Love this tree.

Giving nature a hand.  They were stripping the seeds from the grass
and spreading them around to grow.

using his new pocket knife to strip the bark off his new walking stick


Who doesn't enjoy a bath next to the toilet?

UNO time!

On Sunday, we packed up and went to a new location.  I know that sounds like a lot of extra work and it was but we were scouting out new places to visit next time.  And Top Sail Hill Preserve had the beach to entice us.  It was beautiful weather, 75 degrees.  I thought the kids would just play in the sand but the braves the chilly water and had a blast.  This was Kelsey's first time to play in the sand!  She loved watching the seagulls as they squawked at her to share her food.





Connor's version of kite flying.

First time in the sand!

At the end of the day I just wanted a photo with everyone in it, so I got brave.  I asked a lady walking by, who was carrying a very expensive camera, to take a quick photo. I love it!
This was a trip I will remember!  family time!

No comments: