The reading program was the schools way to encourage the kids and parents to read together. It was a lot of fun. In the beginning I read to Brennan, but toward the end he read to me! I loved it. It was my way of participating in the enormous progress he was making. The top goal was 300 books in which you got a certificate, a gold medal, and a blue ribbon. Our class was the first to receive the awards. Brennan and Brendan (his friend) were the top readers in their class. Brennan at 310 books and Brendan at 312 books. We both(Brendan's mom and I) thought that was a lot of books and hoped it didn't seem unbelievable since our two were the only two to get the top prize. By the end there was a boy who read almost 900 books. Can you believe it? We were pushing to get to the 300 mark! Anyway, at least we were believable. Not to say the other little boy was not!
Anyway, I have loved watch my son learn to read! Way to go Brennan!
No comments:
Post a Comment